1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Black and White Clouds?

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by DangerKilo, Jul 27, 2009.

1. DangerKilo

DangerKilo

May 14, 2009
    Georgia
    Hey BW film guys!!! I have a question. I have been getting the most amazing clouds around here for the last few days. The afternoon storms stack up and I get dark dark rain clouds that push pristine white clouds along on their way. The result is something amazing. Darker highly textured backgrounds, with very rapidly changing tall which clouds. Cumulonimbus i believe.

How can i capture these clouds in Black and White film. i am thinking color too, but that is a question for the digital group. I keep getting overexposed areas, or the photo comes out dark, or the texture all but disappears.

They are just too great to miss.

Daniel

2. On film use a red or orange filter.

3. Sangetsu

Sangetsu

Apr 18, 2009
    東金市
    Ditto on the red filter, they have them at Yodobashi and Bic Camera for about 1300 yen.

4. DangerKilo

DangerKilo

May 14, 2009
    Georgia
    Sweet thanks guys. I will give it a try.

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    You might want to bring up film questions in the Film forum.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.