Black and white (work for you??)

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by mrtac2man, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    I might use curves/layers to bring up some selected highlights. Nice composition.

I am a B&W junkie:)

2. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    thought it worked soft and grainy like it is.. bring up to many highlights and you loose some of that..

3. husawis

husawis Guest

Tim - very nice. In my opinion, some subjects and lighting just beg for B&W. This is one of them. Probably 75% of my work is B&W, and I think others are starting to realize the drama that you can extract. I like it as is.

4. Work for me? In this case, yes!

Cheers

5. Questor

Questor Guest

I don't think there are many situations where B&W doesn't work, and this proves it!

6. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    I'm not a fan of B&W, but this one is nice, Tim. I agree that the less than full dynamic range gives added meaning to this image. I would however convert it to 8-bit black and white -- the minute residual traces of color in this 24-bit version bother me a little .

7. It works for me, Tim. Like the soft touch of the image. As Jeff suggested, may be some play with the curves on selective highlights to bring out the flower from the background but it's only a question of taste. Good use of DOF.