black bear visitor to my yard in monochrome

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I adjusted the image to make the background as much as I could so as not to distract from the bears face.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

well done Bob
Thanks Randy
Nice conversion, Bob; makes ol' Bruin look dignified. But I hate to say it, even in B&W the bear is still there :D
I know..We've contacted the Ministry of Natural Resources to report the visits. Cleaned up the yard of bird seeds and hoping they will become discouraged and find food in the woods.
Poor guy (gal) has some serious insect problems.
I know...what about us humans? The black flies were crazy bad when I mowed the lawn.

Really beautiful, Bohdan!
I must admit I like both versions. They do give a quite different mood to the image though.
Your original shows a bit more sadness in the bears look. That's the one that "speaks" the most to me.

On the issue of being visited by bears in your yard: Wow! :eek:
You really live on the wild side :)
The wildest thing that once took up residence in our yard, was a rabbit.
A tame one, that was lost or abandoned. It was rescued by an animal shelter we called.
Lots of cats of course. House cats and wild cats.

Things are a bit more lively in the eastern part of the country: a few wolfs are coming back and wild boars are even becoming a plague.
Wild boars never vanished from the Ardennes but now they are spreading out into farmland, parkland and residential areas.

Really beautiful, Bohdan!
I must admit I like both versions. They do give a quite different mood to the image though.
Your original shows a bit more sadness in the bears look. That's the one that "speaks" the most to me.

On the issue of being visited by bears in your yard: Wow! :eek:
You really live on the wild side :)
The wildest thing that once took up residence in our yard, was a rabbit.
A tame one, that was lost or abandoned. It was rescued by an animal shelter we called.
Lots of cats of course. House cats and wild cats.

Things are a bit more lively in the eastern part of the country: a few wolfs are coming back and wild boars are even becoming a plague.
Wild boars never vanished from the Ardennes but now they are spreading out into farmland, parkland and residential areas.
Thanks Bart. Happy that you enjoyed the photos. Wild boars! can be dangerous from what I have read. But then, I've also read that wild boar steaks can be very tasty!

Steaks, ham, marinades, stews, ribs, patés etc :)
It's a kind of pig so, almost anything is edible and can be prepared really tasty. And since the wild boar is "game", wine or beer become indispensable ingredients.
Although some parts from pigs, I'd call an "acquired taste" :rolleyes:
The things our Southern neighbours, the French, eat - or ate - from pigs definitely fall under the latter category in my opinion.
Google des tripes, des boudins noir, des reins, des cervelle de porc ... if you have a strong stomach ;)
To be fair, in the generation before me, all that was "cuisine traditionnelle" in our country as well. except perhaps "des tripes".
I think my parents were a bit "squeamish". I grew up only some 20Km from the French border and except for des boudins noir, I never saw any of those things served :)

Thanks Bart. Happy that you enjoyed the photos. Wild boars! can be dangerous from what I have read. But then, I've also read that wild boar steaks can be very tasty!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom