1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Black-Crowned Night Heron

Discussion in 'Birds' started by DW Brewer, Jul 4, 2008.

1. DW Brewer

DW Brewer Guest

Okay; I've had a chance to edit through my BCNH images and do some proper post-processing. Here's an image I especially like. D2X+500mm, manual exposure. C&C welcome.

-
    99652168.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Lovely shot of this very pretty bird David.
    I love shooting these and have been lucky to catch it a few times.

3. Well it's about time you captured some of these guys. *-) If I had known it would take so long I would have packed up a few of mine and sent them to you. :)  Nice set of pics David. Glad to see you found the elusive bird. Hope theystick around for you to enjoy. If not you can always visit and I'll share mine with you guys.

4. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    Nice one. I'm going walleye fishing later this year just so I can go get a picture of one. They seem to like to hang out at fish cleaning stations for some reason...along with GBHs.:biggrin:

5. Great Shot David, The Eye contact, Pine Perch and Great BG, not to mention the Excellent exposure of the Bird!!! All comes together for a Superb Image!!

6. Wow, incredible work, congrats!
    Kevin P.

7. Not much to complain about here David! very nice color and detail and I like the pose, where was this?

8. DW Brewer

DW Brewer Guest

Andreas:
    That's the ironic part. As you recall the BCNH made themselves quite scarce in FL during MIV, and I really had to work just to get some mediocre images of one. These birds were located in a city park in St. Louis, MO! Even more ironic, they were only about six blocks from my buddy's house, and he didn't know they were there. Needless to say, we will be going back ...and soon!

9. Mike Irish

Mike Irish

Jun 14, 2008
    Ireland
    (Mike) Michael Skerritt.
    Extremely sharp shot. I have a Sigma 50/500 lens but I find that I can only use it on a tripod or monopod and on sunny days? Are there any others out there that have exprerence with this lens.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.