1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Black-Crowned Night Herons

Discussion in 'Birds' started by DW Brewer, Jul 3, 2008.

1. DW Brewer

DW Brewer Guest

Life may be so ironic at times. During MIV, I tried my darndest to get good images of Black-Crowned night Herons, one of my favorite birds and one of which I had yet to achieve a good image. I was "reqarded" with a couple of so-so images, as the night herons just refused to cooperate (and remember, these were those "tame" Florida birds that beg for fish and eat out of your hand!). So, yesterday, a buddy and I were in a city park in St. Louis County, and lo and behold, seven Black-cCrowned Night Herons were all over the place, acting just as their Florida brethern were supposed to act! We made the most of the opportunity which presented itself. Here are so quickie processed images. All taken with the D2Hs+Sigma 120-300 or the D2X+Sigma 500; handheld.

-
    NIKON D2Hs    ---    270mm    f/7.1    1/2000s    ISO 200

-
    NIKON D2Hs    ---    240mm    f/7.1    1/2000s    ISO 200

-
    NIKON D2X    ---    500mm    f/6.3    1/2500s    ISO 200

2. Love that bird. The first one is stunning. Great pose and setting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.