1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Black Forest, Germany

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by firemedic392, Jul 14, 2008.

1. I am currently vacationing in Germany and we are looking for hiking recommendations in the Black Forest, anyone have any suggestions?

TIA,
    Jamie

2. Thanks so much Ted. The link you included was a webpage I had found the other day but was having trouble finding it again. It is exactly the area we want to go, now we just have to find a starting point to drive to.

Thanks again,
    Have a great day!
    Jamie

3. Hi Jamie.

My parents live in the southern part of the Blackforest in Freiburg.

Freiburg is a nice little city; you can find beautiful landscape around there.

Possible destinations to look for:

- Schauinsland (Mountain)
    - Münstertal (Munstertal, a really stunning valley)
    - Feldberg (Mountain)

Close to you, on the french side of the boarder, there is a very nice old fortification called "Hohkoenigsbourg", one of the highest buildings of that kind in this region. Visiting Colmar is always a good idea.

Between this and Freiburg is a famous wine area called "Kaiserstuhl", where you can find fine white wines.

Have fun !

Mattes

4. Thanks Mattes,

We went there today. Had an amazing hike and I think I got some good shots.
    We did pass through Frieburg on the way home. The drive to there was lovely, I love it here in Germany.

Thanks again,
    Jamie

5. latazyo

latazyo

Apr 23, 2008
    STL
    best area in the world, IMO

if you can, make it to Bodensee as well

6. monkay

monkay

Jun 12, 2008
    New Jersey
    ahh i want to go to germany so badly :frown:

es würde viel Spaß macht (i think that makes sense; i'm a bit rusty)

7. BellaB

BellaB

May 31, 2008
    Florida,USA

es würde viel Spaß machen

8. monkay

monkay

Jun 12, 2008
    New Jersey
    oh yeah...infinitive at the end with a modal...haha i'm going into AP german next year. ;D

9. Thanks again for the help everyone. We are now home and had a great time.
    The Black Forest area is amazing, can't wait to go back. We did one day of hiking and really enjoyed it.

I have started another thread with one of my pics from the hike. It is here, https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=179116

Take care,
    Jamie

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.