1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Black-Headed Grosbeak w/Nikon P&S & D50

Discussion in 'Birds' started by lisantica, May 13, 2007.

1. lisantica

lisantica

Jul 4, 2006
    So. Calif.
    I started experimenting with my Nikon Coolpix S4 Point and Shoot camera because I am able to set it up with a time-lapse function. Some companies call it time-interval.
    All of my D1 cameras don't have it built in (the D2 series does), I need to buy a timer remote cable.
    I have two cameras that can run remotely...my D50 which is responsible for the first few Grosbeak photos and the S4 Coolpix. I can leave the Coolpix unattended. The D50 I have to click the wireless remote and make sure that the camera is facing me and that I can access the left side of the D50.
    I saw a family of Grosbeaks at my feeder, so I had to hurry and setup a quick remote setup.

Here's the family that I saw:

original.

Here's the setup I used, this is for the last photo. I had the D50 set up at first:
    View attachment 95436

Here's another shot I got:
    View attachment 95437

And then another curious guy:
    View attachment 95438

Sometimes they turn and pose full-body for me:
    View attachment 95439

Now, I definitely want to get that timer remote, so I can try it with my D1X camera :) 

Lisa

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Cool setup Lisa. I need to try that on some of my birdies. :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.