Black Magic

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by d_ip, Mar 18, 2005.

1. d_ip

d_ip

Mar 18, 2005
    Alberta, Canada
    [​IMG]

Shot with the D70 and Sigma 105 EX DG. Comments are well appreciated. Thanks in Advance :wink:

2. Wow, I'll say your welcome here. Absolutely gorgeous image. Tell me about the reflection, is it black plastic?? I do have one critique if you don't mind, that is to ask why you let the plant touch the top of the frame. Even a 1/4 inch would have kept it contained, much like the bottom. The colors are very nice and the focus spot on. Excellent.

3. Absolutely Marvelous, Shahed! I really want to know how you did this! How did you get these effects?

Welcome to Nikon Cafe!

quote="d_ip"][​IMG]

Shot with the D70 and Sigma 105 EX DG. Comments are well appreciated. Thanks in Advance :wink:[/quote]

4. Hi d_ip, simple, clean and very attractive picture. The colors, the reflection and the black background all contribute to its attractiveness. And if you dont' mind, putting the flower a bit further away from the frame will make it perfect. My regards

5. d_ip

d_ip

Mar 18, 2005
    Alberta, Canada
    How about now? :)

6. I have one word for this picture............Gorgeous!!

7. Much better, excellent in fact.

8. [/quote]

Yeah, excellent. Looking at the first version, I didn't notice the water droplets on the petals. These droplets give a very nice touch to the flower indeed.

9. d_ip

d_ip

Mar 18, 2005
    Alberta, Canada
    Black background setup

Here is how my setup looks like
    [​IMG]

I used black velvet on the background; it doesn’t have the light reflection and is darker than black foam core. On the bottom, I used a black 20"x20" glass (20x20 glass and can of black spray paint). I did some cool effects with that, here's the link
    http://lenscapephoto.smugmug.com/gallery/88668
    ...learned from shutterbug magazine.

10. Re: Black background setup

Thanks, Shahed. Your talent never ceases to amaze me!

11. My gosh, that's beautiful! It's breath taking. Thanks for joining the forum and showing us your work.

Rich

12. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Pretty outstanding Shahed. I am very impressed.

13. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I looked in the gallery also. Boy nothing has the effect like the black glass. That is a wow effect for sure.

Beautiful images.

Thank you for sharing.

Regards
    Gale

14. Shahed,

Did you use flash ?

Looking at your initial picture I assumed there was above light but your setup doesn't have one.

15. d_ip

d_ip

Mar 18, 2005
    Alberta, Canada
    Not for this shot. :D