Black Rapid RS4 with Monopod

I am looking for the best thing to do. I have the Black Rapid RS-4 strap. I want to start using my Monopod. Do I just take the black rapid out of the socket on the bottom of my D90 and then put it on the monopod or is there a better method?
Thanks for your replies.

I don't have a monopod but use mine with a tripod. Since I have a RS40 head I leave the base on the camera that the head normally clamps on to. From there I bought a smaller head that stays attached to the black rapid strap. This allows me to go back and forth easily and not remove anything from the camera.

If you don't do something along this line then yes you need to remove the strap from the camera each time you want to use the tripod. If you don't use a tripod a lot not a big deal.

I have my br straps attached to the eyelet of my cameras, on the left side. I have not had a problem and this with having a 70-200 attached to the camera. With it attached to the eyelet, you have the bottom free.

I have my br straps attached to the eyelet of my cameras, on the left side. I have not had a problem and this with having a 70-200 attached to the camera. With it attached to the eyelet, you have the bottom free.

How do you have attached to the eyelet? That is a small area to get the hook through.
FYI I have the Giottos MH5580 P-Pod Monopod with Tilt Head (Quick Release)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/318592-REG/Giottos_MM5580_MH5580_P_Pod_Monopod_with.html

I have attached this to my BR strap. My camera always has an L-plate installed anyway. I can then quickly attach either the camera or a long lens to the BR clamp. When I remove the camera, it can go on the tripod or monopod. Also, I often leave my 70-200 hanging attached to the BR clamp while I use another lens on the camera. It's like having a 3rd arm.

I have attached this to my BR strap. My camera always has an L-plate installed anyway. I can then quickly attach either the camera or a long lens to the BR clamp. When I remove the camera, it can go on the tripod or monopod. Also, I often leave my 70-200 hanging attached to the BR clamp while I use another lens on the camera. It's like having a 3rd arm.

That's the same clamp I picked up that stays attached to my strap. Works really nice.

Personally I don't have a problem with this. The 70-200 is small enough that I don't feel the need for a monopod, so it's permanently got a BR fastener in it, and anything bigger than that is too big to carry on the BR, so it's always available for a monopod. I tried to use a 'pod with the 70-200 for a while, but you just give up too much mobility that way.

Latest threads

Top Bottom