1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Black Skimmers, Egrets, and Cattle Egrets

Discussion in 'Birds' started by MikeMcA², Aug 9, 2008.

1. Just a couple from Brigantine, NJ this morning.

348296237_tRms9-L.

348295667_dLfns-L.

348296447_Byg4B-L.

348265944_wgzPS-L.

348298220_dcXgp-L.

348297911_76QCx-L.

348297838_rrjg5-L.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent set Mike.

3. Mike S

Mike S

Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle, WA USA
    Wow. Great shots. Thanks for sharing them.

4. mike.... beautiful
    how long were you out there to capture these shots?

5. Thanks Frank. I'm still trying to learn this birding stuff. Man, it's challenging. :smile:

Thanks Mike

Thank you Greg! We got there before sunrise, shot for an hour, left for some breakfast, and then came back for another hour or so. The black skimmers were putting on quite the show. These were all with the D300 and 400 f/2.8 AF-S II by the way. Have you ordered yours yet? :biggrin:

6. Very nice series. Love the skimmer shot.

7. Thanks Warren. Wish we had the abundance of critters that you must have in Melbourne.

8. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Very nice Mike,I sure would love to get me some skimmer images.

9. Great set. Love No. 3 the most.

10. Thanks Tim. I have wanted to see these at work for so long but hardly ever see them active, and then yesterday there were 60-70 sitting on a sand bar and 3 or four at a time were active. I burned through 6 gigs of just skimmer shots. Now I'm a skimmer snob and only want to get better angles and better light lol.

Thank you Maji. An opportune osprey fly-by.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.