Black speck in viewfinder

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Steve S, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    How do I remove it?

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I'm very interested in this answer. When I sent my D2H back for the metering fix, they 'cleaned and calibrated' it. When I got it back, it had what looks like a tree in the viewfinder. It moves around in the viewfinder as I move the camera.

Hasn't caused any other problems, but it is very irritating.... :?

Frank

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Can you see it on the bottom of the ground glass?

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I have no idea where mine is in the physical world. :? All I can say is that there is a large piece of trash floating around in the viewfinder. :roll:

Any advice would be appreciated.

Frank

6. Flew, is it in sharp focus or blurry ? If it is sharp, it probably means it is resting on the focusing glass, else it could be on your mirror.
    I had my D70 changed in its first 30 days for an eyelash caught on the inner surface of the focusing glass. That's it : changed. I would certainly not hesitate to ask for a good clean again. There were no specks on the 5K you paid.

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Christian,

It isn't on anything. It just floats around in the viewfinder. It is sort of 'in focus' I guess, but is always visible when I look into the viewfinder. Sometimes it is off to the side, and sometimes it is right on top of one of the focus sensor indicators.:?

Thanks for your input.

Frank

8. Could it be on the mirror. Try removing the lens and using a blub blower while hold the camera with the lens opening facing down. Don't touch the mirror.

Jeff