Black swan resting

Discussion in 'Birds' started by tojor, Sep 24, 2005.

1. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    We see so many great flying bird shots. I've never been succesful with that so I thougt I'd show how a black swan is resting. Looks rather like a headache to me.

2. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice shot, Torben! Looks like he's giving you the evil eye for waking him up!

3. Nice shot, Troben. Your exposure is right on revealing the feathers details.

4. bfjr

bfjr Guest

really like detail and color !!

5. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Torben,

Very nice capture. I like the composition and the pose.

Thanks for sharing,

6. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Unlike my normal self, I'm going to be slightly controversial... :wink:

I love the shot, the composition, the exposure, the focus, but... but the colors seem a little cold. The image seems somewhat blue and looks as though it could stand warming up a fair bit.

Just a thought, although it really does have the makings of a terrific shot.

Neil

7. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Thank you all for your comments. Neil, you are right about the blue cast. I added a little blue to get a contrast to the red and an effect. I probably overdid it.

This is the original:

8. For my feeling the colours should be somewere between the first and the second one. But as said, very well exposed. fantastic detail in the feathers.

Personallty i find this the most most beautifull bird ever.
    My ultimate dream is having a small farm with a small lake with 2 black swans.
    Don't ask me wy,
    keep on dreaming .........................

9. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Thanks Alex. I love those birds too. I gave it a 3rd. try. Do you mean something like this?

10. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Hi Torben, I like that latest version best. However, having said that I think that the best one is whichever you like the most. Seriously, to my mind while feedback can be helpful you should always rely on your own taste and perceptions regardless of what the rest of us think. Besides, I think most of us are our own worst critics. :smile:

Neil