Black Throated Blue Warbler

First, let me say I know these aren't the greatest shots and I really didn't want to post them, but this was the first time I had ever seen one of these. Actually, I had never even heard of one till I saw it, photographed it, then found out what it was/is.

I came home from work the other night, it was rainny and dark, and I saw this little guy in the blooming Bradford pair tree. It was one of those "quick, grab the camera!" moments. I didn't have the right lens on or anything. I just turned it on and took a few quick snaps before he flew off. Haven't seen it since.

It was just fun to see this pretty little bird in my backyard. Thought I'd share it.

These were shot with the D700 & 70-300VR. Wished I had had time to grab the D300 & 300/2.8 & tripod... oh, and that it was sunny...
:smile:

Thanks for looking.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

These are really good, especially considering the circumstances. I would have been shaking with excitement, having never seen this bird either.

Thanks everybody.
I've been seeing some unusual birds this spring in my little backyard.

Shots are really quite nice! I have never seen this bird either. Great catch, particularly #1
Thanks Birgit. We had, today and yesterday, a Rose-breasted Grosbeak in the back yard. NEVER have seen one of those either. Guess this odd weather is bringing in birds we/I don't normally get. So I've read anyway...

Top Bottom