1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Black Vulture & Friends

Discussion in 'Birds' started by hangin tree, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2008
  2. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Can't believe I'm saying this, but You Made That Black Vulture Look Good! I'm thinking you were holding the other end of the branch he's perched on?

I once stood no more than 10 feet from a black vulture (first day with my D80) and fired off two dozen shots and missed every shot. These guys are almost as hard to shoot AND make look good as a grackle in the shade.

Nice job, Gary, on all of these. That juvie eagle is a keeper!

3. Thank You Pia

Yes, shooting black birds with Overcast Sky I guess you just have to let the Sky go!!!

4. The early bird gets the worm, or in your case the shots. Well done on this set Gary.

5. They Forcast Rain in the Afternoon so I thought I would get out before the clouds but it was a bit still overcast!!

Thanks Louie!!!:smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.