1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Black & White (Old & Rugged)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Todd_D1x, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Todd_D1x

Todd_D1x

Feb 23, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Hello, I just processed these two Images into B&W. They look great this way. Converted the color images using Fred Mirandas B&W pro and resized and matted using the matte I made in Photoshop. Used the Nikon D2h for the images equipped with the 50mm F/1.4 set around F/5. Hope you like them.

Todd

40379306.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 5813

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Todd, I'm not normally a B&W fan, but that first shot definitely works. The only nit that I might have is that the building looks a little cramped with this crop. You might want to try one that isn't quite so tight.

Regards,

Frank

3. Todd_D1x

Todd_D1x

Feb 23, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Hi Frank, I see your point. Unfortunately this is the only one I have....I think? I'll see what else I can try.

Thanks dude.

-Todd

4. I like your first conversion much better than the second one. The lock image has an overall grey look to it. Perhaps more contrast or a different filter.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.