Black & White (Old & Rugged)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Todd_D1x, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Todd_D1x

Todd_D1x

Feb 23, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Hello, I just processed these two Images into B&W. They look great this way. Converted the color images using Fred Mirandas B&W pro and resized and matted using the matte I made in Photoshop. Used the Nikon D2h for the images equipped with the 50mm F/1.4 set around F/5. Hope you like them.

Todd

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Todd, I'm not normally a B&W fan, but that first shot definitely works. The only nit that I might have is that the building looks a little cramped with this crop. You might want to try one that isn't quite so tight.

Regards,

Frank

3. Todd_D1x

Todd_D1x

Feb 23, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Hi Frank, I see your point. Unfortunately this is the only one I have....I think? I'll see what else I can try.

Thanks dude.

-Todd

4. I like your first conversion much better than the second one. The lock image has an overall grey look to it. Perhaps more contrast or a different filter.