1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Black & White

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Dudley5854, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Dudley5854

Dudley5854

Nov 1, 2018
    Anyone care to just shoot jpegs straight out of the camera for posting ?
    No post work or even camera post work allowed.

2. What would the potential benefits be of doing this?

3. I'm not nearly good enough to "get it right in camera".
    Just about each image I post has had at least some form of "correction".
    Even before going to the b&w processing :) 

I definitely admire people that can pull this off and would be really interested in following such a thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Dudley5854

Dudley5854

Nov 1, 2018
    Over the holidays am going to try some. I will have to use my lightroom to upload and just convert to black and white
    and that’s it. Wish me luck.

Happy Thanksgiving All

5. Perhaps you can set your camera to shoot in B&W.

6. daveg

daveg

Jul 14, 2008
    UK
    Why not go the whole hog?

SHOOT in B+W in camera and post the JPEGs SOOC??

Or, if you want to have the RAW files as a backup, use NX-D for the duration of your trial and just output the B+W RAW as a JPEG. It is the same thing as SOOC.

By playing around with the B+W RAW a little bit you could find some settings to transfer to the Camera which would work better than the default. Apply more (or less) Sharpening, Clarity, Contrast or Brightness until you get something you can live with as an in-camera default.

Doing the RAW Conversion in-camera from the Playback Menu also allows you to do some creative tweaking before outputting as a JPEG.

DG

7. Dudley5854

Dudley5854

Nov 1, 2018
    Thanks for all the feedback guys. I shoot in color even for black and white with settings neutral load into Lightroom then convert to black white.

8. Dudley5854

Dudley5854

Nov 1, 2018
    CC1F0C3E-E8F4-416D-A434-20BBC2F0B8B6.jpeg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
    This is an older black white I took . Out of camera as been to busy with holiday stuff to shoot lately.

Called Retirement

• Like Like x 1
  9. A great evocative image, Dudley.

10. The lighting is very interesting. I wish the whole TV screen was included within the frame.

Glenn

11. Dudley5854

Dudley5854

Nov 1, 2018
    Thanks guys.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.