BlackCrown & GBH Lake Martin LA

Discussion in 'Birds' started by kevin pyle, Aug 19, 2008.

1. these are from sundays fishing trip, using a trolling motor through the swamp, these two herons within a hundred feet of each other. The black crown isn't skittish like the GBH. D3, 70-200 & 1.4tc. Thanks for viewing.
    Kevin P.

original.

original.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2008
  2. Hey Kevin, Nice Set, Buddy!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2008
  3. Great shots both. I can never get near to a BCNH.

4. Gary, Warren,
    thank you for the kind words, viewing and for correcting that its a black crown. Warren,
    at first I thought he was an owl as big as he was, the quietness of the trolling motor allowed me to get within 30' of him, he never flew away. I can't wait to get a telephoto again, shooting without one is gonna kill me.lol
    Kevin P.

5. Nice pair of images. Love the orange eyes of the BCNH.

6. pretty shots, kevin
    that first one is my favorite

7. Mike S

Mike S

Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle, WA USA
    You know what I like about that second shot? ….. The bird and the habitat are both incorporated so well. Great composition.

All the best,

Mike

8. Beautiful compositions and colors. Catch any fish?

9. I really hope I can get down there some day, the environment looks so cool., nice shots!

10. Mike, Greg, Davdie, Mike, Ray,
    thank you all for viewing and the comments. I had just gotten my first boat and the trolling motor is excellent for capturing these birds out the swamp, very quietly.
    Didn't catch one fish, but then again I have the camera in hand more than the pole. Ray,
    I hope one of your workshops make it down here one day, and I hope to make it up to Canada one day to shoot in your neck of the woods.
    Kevin P.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.