1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Blackpool air display

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Mike Irish, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Mike Irish

Mike Irish

Jun 14, 2008
    Ireland
    A selection of shots taken at an air display in Blackpool England last month.
    All shots were taken with the D500 and the Nikon 300-PF-f4 lens and the Nikon 1.4Tc. The weather wasn't the best as it was very overcast mosl all day. All the problems with the weather didn't stop me from having a wonderful time. I was impressed with the Camera/lens &TC combo. I will post more shots of other wonderful planes that took part in the display.
    Comments are always invited.
    Cheers.
    Mike.
    43828458415_b7098718d4_o.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
    Very impressive Aerobytes minover-Web by Mike Skerritt, on Flickr
    43796545265_4ba0a0c8c4_o.gif
    It sure looks like fun-Web by Mike Skerritt, on Flickr
    29763352397_4b18c674ca_o.gif
    Here's looking-at yha by Mike Skerritt, on Flickr
    29763348997_bb2c0ed1fa_o.gif
    Dawn diddly down by Mike Skerritt, on Flickr
    43504673355_890a05f601_o.gif
    _DSC6087-Edit by Mike Skerritt, on Flickr
    29475397937_fb848f65ed_o.gif
    _DSC6100 by Mike Skerritt, on Flickr
    30544658078_5951e8a0fe_o.gif
    Oh so close!. Zoom in and take a look. : ) by Mike Skerritt, on Flickr
    44330182291_9ded1c3eb5_o.jpg
    Images from Blackpool air display. More to come. look closely NO HARNESS by Mike Skerritt, on Flickr
    Images from Blackpool air display. More to come by Mike Skerritt, on Flickr

• Like Like x 3
  2. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

Wow, this is an incredible set of photos, Mike! I love them. #7 is downright terrifying from this angle!

A few could use some exposure compensation, like #1, # 4 and #8, but this is a great set of action shots. And those wingwalkers...just no way! Lol! Too scary.

3. Mike Irish

Mike Irish

Jun 14, 2008
    Ireland
    Hi Glen. Believe me I did do a lot of PP on them to try and bring out the detail. The day was so bad very overcast and dull in parts of the sky. Some parts of the sky had brakes in the cloud and they were very bright, but mostly dark skies. I mess up No:5 as I had picked the wrong brush and it over spilled. I have only noticed it when I had a closer look of course after posting it?
    Anyway thank you for your nice and constructive comments.
    Cheers.
    Mike

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Mike Irish

Mike Irish

Jun 14, 2008
    Ireland
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Some really great captures. Love the colours and angle of #7, spooky, would look great hanging in any airport office. Spent a career in aviation flying mostly bush planes but never had the urge or nerve to try the tricks these pilots do!

6. #7 most definitely steals the show! What a shot! Perfect.

Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or is there a bluish halo around the planes in #5?

Great set.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mike Irish

Mike Irish

Jun 14, 2008
    Ireland
    Thank you for your nice comments and comments. Yes I hid say that I had seen some problems with the PP I applied to some of the images. No: 5 is one of them. I used a brush with a soft edge by mistake/ This caused spill to some aries and I didn't notice it until after I posted them.:cry: 
    Cheers.
    mike

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.