Blackpool - The English Riviera

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Luckynp, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Yesterday went to visit my wife's parents in Blackpool in the North West of England. A resort much favoured by the young (funfairs, orgiastic dancing and humungous alcohol consumption) and the old (genteel walks in the "bracing" atmosphere).

The evening light was just wonderful and I managed to get an hour's shooting.

2. Good images Mike, it gives you a real feel for the place. I like the second image the best.

3. Thanks Gordon. Me too.

4. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Is that last one a trolley? Haven't seen one of those since I was a kid.

5. Nice Mike! I to like the second one.

Anthony

6. Yes, it is a trolley - we call them trams and they are a feature of Blackpool.

Thanks for your appreciation.

7. Great shots. All the images have an authentic and rustic quality to them, i especially like the 3rd one.

8. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Interesting place. I'm going to be different--I like the first one best. Looks like you had a great hour of photo taking.

9. Thanks Terri. It was one of those golden evenings.

10. Mike,

I especially like the first image. You've really captured the mood in all of your images. Thank you for sharing them.

11. Thaks Crystall.

12. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Mike ,these are rerrific,especially the first two are wonderful
    Thanks for posting