Critique Blackwater Falls & Elakala Waterfall

Get crackin', Jim! We all look forward to viewing your photos.
They aren't as good as yours...maybe that's why I didn't process them at the time.

We rented a home in Upper Tract, WV, which is about 30 minutes away from Petersburg, and took day trips to Seneca Rocks, Dolly Sods, Smoke Hole and Blackwater Falls State Park.
We rented a cabin at Blackwater Falls State Park and had hiking trails available from the front door. It was late May and the wildflowers were the main attraction.

I like your photo of Blackwater Falls much better than mine, and I finally figured out a major reason: the viewing platform is almost completely hidden in your picture, while it stands out like a sore thumb in mine. This is because the foliage has grown tremendously in the seven years since we were there! You and I apparently shot from the same vantage point.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
I have actually wondered if I should clone to remove all the people. I'll show the image to my wife for the first time tonight and let her decide.
Would spending about 15-30 seconds of post processing increase your enjoyment of the image? Sometimes what is once seen, cannot be un-seen. I had to view the image 3 times before I saw the people! LOL!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Would spending about 15-30 seconds of post processing increase your enjoyment of the image? Sometimes what is once seen, cannot be un-seen. I had to view the image 3 times before I saw the people!
My experience is that once I notice something, it's the very first thing I see in all later viewings of an image.

As for the amount of time, in my case there is not just the post-processing time but also the deleting of the JPEG files of the same image, recreating the JPEG files of the newly adjusted image, and the transferring of the cataloging information from the old JPEGs to the new JPEGs. I will probably spend about five minutes to do all of that relative to the reworking of two images of this scene. Regardless, I completely agree with the point you're making.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Absolutely fascinating, Jim!

I remember starting a thread a long time ago at another forum (I don't remember which one) requesting people to post their images of a highly photographed residence with a thatched roof located on the road just as one is departing the Isle of Skye. The purpose was to see the changes over the decades in the paint job, the thatched roof, the stones weighting it down and the planted vegetation around the house. That was interesting too.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom