Blackwater Wildlife Refuge

Real Name
Walter Rowe
Blackwater Wildlife Refuge in Cambridge, Maryland on the Chesapeake Bay.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Ken St John
I like this a lot. Nice sight lines, and the mist in the distance is quite pleasing. I especially like your horizon being perfect ... that's something I often struggle with (thank goodness it's easy to fix!!)

Generally, I'm not a fan of borders, but in this case it works well. Well done!!

Ken

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Extremely well done! Excellent strong composition and processing. At first glimpse I wanted a tad more contrast, but after letting my eyes "settle in" on the image, I think the contrast level is perfect! Just one thing disrupts the image for me.....that tall very white line that almost reaches the darker trees. It's top and bottom seems to be in mid-air. It almost appears as if in post a white line was drawn. Maybe just shorten it or make it go away? LOL!

Fantastic composition...I like all the vertical lines and the positioning of the taller group of trees in the background. This mist is a big plus. The strong contrast of black and white, particularly on the foreground posts add interest. The picture is unique.

Glenn

Real Name
Walter Rowe
All I can say is WOW. Thank you all for the compliments. I’m very honored and flattered.

@Butlerkid .. I think that tall white stake is one that has been pushed up out of the ground. As the marsh freezes and thaws, these stakes are sure to get pushed up out of the mud.

I believe these stakes help stabilize the grasses. If you look at the base of the stakes, you can see netting. This helps keep the soil in place. The marsh grasses are of significant importance to the crabs and other water creatures the thrive and depend on them in the Chesapeake Bay.

Last edited:
Real Name
Walter Rowe
For comparison here is the color version. This photograph was taken in March 2009.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom