Blaqck & White to Color My Great Grandmother

This photo of my Great Grandmother was taken in the late 1890's. As a child I remember her as elderly. But looking at this photo I now see her as a beautiful young woman.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Your great grandmother was a beautiful woman, and you were lucky to have known her as a child. Not only does the color bring the past alive, but it also seems to bring out more detail. Great work, Jim!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Your great grandmother was a beautiful woman, and you were lucky to have known her as a child. Not only does the color bring the past alive, but it also seems to bring out more detail. Great work, Jim!
Hi Dossy. I have great memories of my Grandmother. When I was a kid and the family went to see her she would put a feather bed matress on her bed. I wouls sleep with her. She would put me to sleep lightly scratching my back. As I work on colorizing photos I notice a lot of small details I otherwise would not notice. Glad you like what I do. I have many more but don't want to flood the cafe with them.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom