Blind for the beauty around me

I'm from Belgium and I always think I live in a boring country concerning wildlife and landscape photography. Most of my best pictures are taken far away on holiday or needed a 1 hour drive minimum. I'm a father of 2 young daughters who are 5 and 0,75 years old, and combined with a busy job I don't get out a lot anymore to photograph. Seems familiar? :)

There's a Nikon ambassador who specializes in landscape photography and lives like 5 minutes from here. His pictures are really amazing and most of them are taken just around the corner. I have committed myself to photograph more in my own region.
I've bought a book from him, which describes some interesting places here and he also mentioned that most of his pictures are taken with his Nikkor 80-400 VR. It gives you the possibility to focus on the things that matter. If the sky is boring? Just exclude it.

Reading those things made me realize, I'm blind for the beauty around me. This is my first pictures taken here. I took this shot just before going to work. Fortunate I have flexible hours and my work is not very far away.

Nikon Z7 - Nikkor 80-400 F4.5-5.6 VR - ISO 100 - F11 - 10s - 140mm

_DSC2592.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Real Name
Aaron
A very nice fall scene well captured!

I work for a city government, and often find myself tasked with making interesting photographs of the things our citizens see every day. It’s not easy, but I have found that incorporating interesting light (even at night), beautiful sky, sunrise/sunset, unusual events (such as snow, very vibrant fall colors, etc), movement, or people into scenes helps tremendously. Unusual perspectives from a telephoto, ultra wide angle lens, high or low vantage point, can also be very useful.

Latest threads

Top Bottom