Blink XT2 camera

Real Name
Tim
I have two - one on our cherry tree overlooking our pond and Scottish stackwall so we can see when idiots back into the wall and one we keep in our travel trailer so when we're camping and go on adventures we can keep an eye on our dogs if we don't take 'em...they work well enough.

I put two eneloops in the one on our cherry tree and connected a solar panel to the usb port so I've not had to worry about the batteries since I set that up. Going on 6 months now.

Have 3 of them covering the front door, side yard and back yard. Wish the recording time was longer than 1 min and would reset faster than 10 sec. I'm probably gonna get a NVR system with POE cameras. Somethign that can record the whole event.

BTW the night vision on the Blinks is pretty good.

I have a set of Eufycam 2c cameras. 6 months battery life and a hub with internal recording meaning no subscription fees. I can also connect it to Alexa and view the cameras on an Echo show. The motion detection is far from perfect though but then what camera is?

The best part of the blink is that there is no monthly subscription. Depending on usage, the batteries can last up to 2 years. Mine has been going for over 14 months and still shows battery life as "good". With all the Amazon packages we get, my blink records quite often. I can also ask Alexa to "show me the front door" and the camera will provide me a live video on my Fire TVs, Alexa show device, or my Alexa app. Very handy.

Real Name
Randy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The best part of the blink is that there is no monthly subscription. Depending on usage, the batteries can last up to 2 years. Mine has been going for over 14 months and still shows battery life as "good". With all the Amazon packages we get, my blink records quite often. I can also ask Alexa to "show me the front door" and the camera will provide me a live video on my Fire TVs, Alexa show device, or my Alexa app. Very handy.
Thanks
The no subscription and wireless are big
I’m going to get some

Real Name
Randy
I have two - one on our cherry tree overlooking our pond and Scottish stackwall so we can see when idiots back into the wall and one we keep in our travel trailer so when we're camping and go on adventures we can keep an eye on our dogs if we don't take 'em...they work well enough.

I put two eneloops in the one on our cherry tree and connected a solar panel to the usb port so I've not had to worry about the batteries since I set that up. Going on 6 months now.
The USB port on the camera ?
Link for solar panel ?

I use Ring Doorbell, worked great for the past year. It cost $3 a month to continue maintaining video history.
That's what I have as well. I could not get the Blink Xt2 Camera to reliably connect to my WiFi (even with an extender). I then tried a Nest Video Doorbell and it also would not maintain a reliable WiFi connection. Finally I tried Ring and it connects and stays connected without issue.

In any event having a doorbell cam (or other outdoor cam) that's accessible from most anywhere on planet earth is one modern convenience that I appreciate when I'm not at home.

Real Name
Randy
i just ordered a 3 pack, they look like fun, especially in my backyard at night where it's a jungle w/ racoons and possum

I have been using three Blink cameras for over a year now. One is using a solar panel, battery life is quite good with the other two. As was mentioned, software updates to the app, sync module and cameras over the last year have improved operation.

Issue here is with my ISP Comcast. I updated to their new, faster 5gHz modem, but it took some work to get Blink stable again. They are pushing 5gHz which makes lots of sense, however the Blink sync module and cameras are 2.4gHz only. I swear Comcast did something with the power of the 2.4gHz signal since I had to add a range extender to get to two of the cameras, which worked fine with the old modem.

Otherwise I like them. All is stable now...

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom