Blocked access

Discussion in 'PC/Windows/Linux' started by Jarrell, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    I use Zone Alarm and a short while ago I had a message pop up that Zone Alarm had blocked access from the internet of this:
    Net bios session from 192.168.1.102 (TCP Port 1046) [TCP Flag: S]

What does all that mean?

Thanks,
    Jarrell

2. do you have more than 1 PC? 192.168.1.xxx addresses are local (not on the Internet) so it sounds like a local machine on your own network was trying to connect to your machine.

3. turtile

turtile

May 12, 2008
    Delaware
    It could be a trojan or spyware. Do you know your own IP? You can type in ipconfig within the command prompt.

4. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Thanks Jimmy. Yes, I do have a laptop on my network so I suppose that was it when I was using it earlier. The address that was blocked is only a couple of numbers different from the address shown when I did the ipconfig command prompt.
    Jarrell

5. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Thanks for the help. Perhaps it was my laptop on my home network?
    Jarrell

6. typically, pc's are configured to speak to other devices on the network in the background. What you can do, is go to Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View tab, then see if the option to automatically search for network folders/printers is enabled. There are other services as well which periodically will broadcast on the network to keep the network info updated.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.