Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Pa, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Beside the Appalachian Trail in Craig County, Virginia, yesterday.

2. Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    well done
  3. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Love that delicate little flower
  4. Beautiful indeed! I was anxiously waiting for spring (not ours - we had spring all winter :smile: ), but yours because then I would see tons of Appalachian spring flowers again. This must be a very special area.

5. excellent Jim!!
  6. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Good one Jim. I've just been waiting and watching -- your spring must be a few weeks ahead of ours.
  7. is that what they are called?

I have those growing in my backyard but never knew what they are called. Nice shot.
  8. Thank you all for your kind comments.

Spring has "sprung" early here this year, but I find that I have pictures from last year of blooming bloodroot at about the same date. Unfortunately, we are experiencing a strong cold period now, with temperatures forecast to drop well below freezing the next few nights. Some of our buds are sure to get "nipped".

Fuss, these flowers are about 1.5 inches diameter if that will help you to identify them.
  9. I actually have pic of one from last year

Interesting name bloodroot, the roots must be red?

10. Yes, I think they are, though I have never excavated one. Nice picture of what appears to be a fatter version of the ones that grow here.