Bloody Marsh under Storm light

Posted the color image a little earlier but decided to see how it woould translate in BW. Although it was raining portions of the marsh were also under bright sunlight. In particular I like the glow in the tidal creek just before it bends to the right and get hidden by the marsh.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Z7 24-70mm f4 S @ 24mm F9.0 1/40 iso 64

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like both. Can’t pick a favorite.
Thanks Allan, I really like the color but I’m captivated by the glow in the water in the lower left.

Love the color shot, but this B&W is even better.
Thank you Nick...love the tones of the BW, and have always been drawn to BW as that is what I grew up with photographically. But it was those bright green and yellow tones that I had seen earlier in the day that made me want to go out and photograph the scene in the rain.

Both images work really well for different reasons.

Most borders are the same dimension on all sides or with a slightly larger dimension on the bottom. Here you have three dimensions -- the same dimension on the two sides, a smaller dimension at the top and a larger dimension at the bottom. If that's the way you want it, that's fine; otherwise, not so.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Both images work really well for different reasons.

Most borders are the same dimension on all sides or with a slightly larger dimension on the bottom. Here you have three dimensions -- the same dimension on the two sides, a smaller dimension at the top and a larger dimension at the bottom. If that's the way you want it, that's fine; otherwise, not so.
Thanks. I always weight the bottom heavier than top and sides, something that I learned long time ago when submitting for a show. In this case I was eyeballing and the top is 1 millimeter thinner than the sides. When/if iI print and frame the image I’ll print using the tiff which does not have the border and will cut the mats still weighting the bottom but top and sides will be equal.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom