Bloody windy night

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Elf_8, Mar 28, 2005.

1. My WB was way out (I had it preset on a patch of snow in the shade on my previous session) for that night shot, but instead of trying to correct it, I kept it as it was for the effect.
    16907741-L.

Date Taken:2005-03-02 19:39:15
    NIKON D70
    Aperture: f/5.6
    Focal Length: 70mm
    Exposure Time: 3s
    Exposure Program: Aperture priority
    Exposure Bias: 0

-- Christian

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    When you said bloody, I thought it was just cute Canadian slang. Wow! What a color! I especially like the contrast of the bluish lights. The flapping flag is really a bonus - great shot Christian!

3. Well thank you. I appreciate your comment.

-- Christian

4. Yup, if the flag was still - it would have been all to static.

The electric blue and the brown/orange make a great combination.
    Fantastic shot !

5. WHOA.......very clean shot Christian!! Way to go!! :D :D :D :D :D

6. Thank you.
    Kind of detail you don't really notice until you set up the picture and then... it even makes the title.

7. Never heard of sand storms in Canada before :D

If a faulty WB would always result in such pleasing pics I would never take the effort to get it spot on.

Really nice.

8. Christian, don't you just love when those little camera "accidents" happen and create an incredible photo. I love to see that little red maple leaf flapping up there in the stiff breeze. Adds a nice bit of tension to the shot. Great capture!