1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

blooming aloe plant few others

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by kevin pyle, Jul 9, 2008.

1. saturday morning while shooting birds at Jefferson Island put on a 70-200 and walked behind the rookery to see a few of the plants growing there, I'm pretty sure this is an aloe vera plant, the other a pomegranate, and not sure of the others. Thanks for veiwing.
    Kevin P.
    original.
    NIKON D3    ---    98mm    f/2.8    1/640s    ISO 500

original.
    NIKON D3    ---    200mm    f/2.8    1/320s    ISO 500

original.
    NIKON D3    ---    130mm    f/2.8    1/250s    ISO 200

original.
    NIKON D3    ---    170mm    f/2.8    1/200s    ISO 200

original.
    NIKON D3    ---    200mm    f/5.0    1/80s    ISO 200

2. Fun set Kevin. I have never seen aloe in bloom. Very cool! That bottlebrush looks really unusual as well...

3. Rich,
    thanks, so of the most boring, unsharp, not on a tripod, no MLU cable release, not paying attention to light shots I've ever taken, just shots to show a few different varieties, I've never seen the aloe plant either before. I reckon South Louisiana would be considered sub tropical.
    Thanks for viewing,
    Kevin P.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.