Blossoms and Boat

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Harry Lavo, May 20, 2007.

1. Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2007
  2. Hey Harry -

I can't ID the cherry tree for you, but it is certainly plausible given your more northerly latitudes from around these parts, where those were in bloom several weeks back. It sure is pretty!

Eric

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
  4. Eric -

Actually that was shot just a week ago, albeit on the shore of the Atlantic Ocean. This time of year the sea keeps the shore areas about 7 degrees colder than inland...so up in Western MA where I live it was 3 weeks ago...going to Newport was like moving 7-10 days back in time.

Glad you enjoyed the shot.

Harry

5. Gale -

I'm glad you liked the shot. Newport was bursting with these trees, although I think this is probably the prettiest I saw...at least the prettiest in juxtaposition.

I'm puzzled ref "the red x". I thought I read here when I first started that I should post to the jpeg itself for best quality (eg click on properties in pbase, copy out the actual jpeg rather than pbase's downsize). So I always download an 800x600 jpeg for pbase to use as a combined "large/original". If I post a larger "original" then pbase generates it's own lesser-quality jpeg, and I post to that adding ".jpg" to the link. Posting to the link itself doesn't seem appropriate except when there are lots of other photos in the gallery. Am I missing something, or am I misundertanding?

I occasionally get a "red x" myself on others' photos but have found in my case that it usually occurs when my high-speed connection is spotty.

I truly am perplexed.

6. Gale -

If you get a chance, go to my "Squid Fishing" post in the "People, Portraits" forum and see whether any or all of those give you the "red x". They are all linked to original jpegs in pbase. It may tell us something.

Harry

7. Hey Harry -

I'm not Gale, nor am I nearly as accomplished as her - LOL - but I did go to your Squid fishing post . . .

Of the 11 images I counted that you were trying to link, I could view five, and six had a "blue question mark box" - probably analogous to Gale's "red X".

I use a Mac, and I think Gale is a Windows gal, but that doesn't matter here I think . . .

One of your photos showed up (or didn't) with this:

[​IMG]

I'm no HTML expert, but when I dissect this string, I'm thinking that somehow you have extra characters in this instruction.

I think that the presence of the characters (ignore the quotes) "" are a problem. On my pbase acc... helped me in the past). Your pal, Eric

8. Thanks, Eric. I'm going to give your approach a try, since clearly mine is creating problems. I really appreciate the trouble you took to investigate and show me your approach.