Blown Highlights Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by twilli53, Sep 29, 2008.

1. I'm haveing a problem with continually blowing the highlights on my TD shots. Maybe it's hotspots I don't know. I'm going to try some different EX Comps Wednesday to see if that helps. My question is, are there hard and fast rules to this problem, or is this an experimentation thing. This was taken during the mid day but it was overcast which I thought would diffuse the hot spots. Did'nt work out that way. 50 1.4 @ 2.8 matrix metering.
    Thanks, Tim
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2008
  2. sorry, omit, posted in wrong forum.
    tim

3. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Be glad to move it for you, where do you want it to go? also, post an original so we can help.

Cheers,

Wade

4. If I'm shooting anything white, I spot meter and meter the white so it doesn't get blown.

5. scooptdoo

scooptdoo Guest

one your camera has set exposure ,matrix in your case.simply make note of aperture and shutter speed and iso of course.set camera to manual and set the camera to exposure factors that got this picture.now its a matter of tweeking you exposure.say you used 250 sec/5.6/200 iso well since your hotspottin (blown) either increase shutter speed or stop down aperture or reduce iso.only change one thing at a time.with histogram access this is so easy these days.in the old days you couldnt know till film was developed.hense bracking was invented.

6. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    maybe look at the "blinkies" on the LCD and use EV- until they disappear.

7. Thanks everyone, I did'nt get back to move this thread. Gail (wife) has been ill with a nasty little stomach bug, I've been trying to help her with the chores. I'll try these recomendations Wednesday and post my results and go from there If I don't get it nailed down. Thanks again
    Tim