Blue Angels

Thursday morning I had an opportunity to go out on a friends boat on Lake Washington as a 'team building' event with my team at work to see the Blue Angels practicing for the big show this weekend. What a great event, I've never been that close to them before, this was my first shoot of any kind of air show.

These were all taken with the Sigma 150-500 from a relatively small boat bobbing just north of the I-90 bridge. With all of the boat traffic there was a lot of up and down movement (maybe next year we can use the Argossy), keeping the planes in the view finder was a bit of a challenge - I don't know how many shots of empty sky I deleted.

Yes, there is a spec on the sensor on the right, wish I'd noticed that before Thursday morning...Other than cropping on some of them these are straight out of the camera, the guys at work wanted to see the shots asap.

DSC_8684.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_8765.jpg

DSC_8794.jpg

DSC_8901.jpg

DSC_8934.jpg

DSC_8950.jpg

Thanks guys. I have one other one to share, a very tight crop from another shot. Maybe it's just my imagination but it looks like he's looking down at us and smiling. But of course he's smiling, he's doing stunts in a F18 on a beautiful day for a crowd of fans - who wouldn't be smiling? :)

DSC_8721_cropped_tight.jpg

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom