Blue bird and butterfly

I believe this is an indigo bunting, not sure though! I was just happy that it landed on a tree close by. :D There were plenty of these butterflies around too.

bluebird1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

bluebird2.jpg

whitebfly3.jpg

Vinod:

Very nice! Yes, these are shots of an Indigo Bunting. I had them around here for awhile in June but haven't seen them lately.

BTW, do you still have your picture up at the Brookfield zoo?

Thank you all for your comments. :D
Lisa, no, they don't have my picture up at the Brookfield zoo any more, they just put it up there for a couple of months. They have this years contest coming up soon! :)

Nice capture of the Indigo Bunting

I was lucky enough to see one recently, but Not lucky enough to get a shot off before he flew away. Is that butterfly a Corn Moth?

Thanks Ben, Mike and Steve...been in a photography slump of sorts recently...:roll:

Steve, I looked up the butterfly, it is the Cabbage White Butterfly

Thanks Bob...yeah these birds are as small and quick as the goldfinches and not as common, makes it that much more difficult to take shots of. :D I can't see myself tiring of the 300 f4 yet...but I'll keep you posted ;)

Hi Vinod,

Which image did you submit for last year's contest at Brookfield Zoo? Where did you finish, first? I think the dolphin image won the whole deal, was that yours? My daughter placed third for her age group with an image of a brown bear. I didn't place with my image...better luck for me next time. I need to re-new my membership and get something to submit.

Marissa entered the young adult contest, she placed third with an image of a brown bear playing with a ball. Your dolphin image had great color...I remember saying to the family that I would have chosen that as the winner as well. Great job Vinod...did you submit an entry for this year's contest?

eng45ine said:
Marissa entered the young adult contest, she placed third with an image of a brown bear playing with a ball. Your dolphin image had great color...I remember saying to the family that I would have chosen that as the winner as well. Great job Vinod...did you submit an entry for this year's contest?
Nope, I haven't submitted an entry for this year's contest yet...need to visit the zoo sometime soon.

Yep...me too. My membership runs out at the end of the month, so it's time to drive over and accomplish a few things. Submissions are due by early September.

Do you realize that we were sitting only feet apart for the contest award breakfast??? :eek: Small world! :roll:

eng45ine said:
Yep...me too. My membership runs out at the end of the month, so it's time to drive over and accomplish a few things. Submissions are due by early September.

Do you realize that we were sitting only feet apart for the contest award breakfast??? :eek: Small world! :roll:

Yeah, small world :) I did meet a couple of people at the breakfast, I was there with my wife and kids. It's been too hot to go anywhere...hopefully it will cool down a bit soon!

Latest threads

Top Bottom