Blue bird

Discussion in 'Birds' started by dmwphoto, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Every time I go out to shoot I am hoping to capture smething really outstanding with hopes I can share it on here and get some feedback and occasional ooh and ah...
    then I download and mercilessly delete a bunch and come up with a scant few that please me. Looking at some of the other contributors work it is obvious i have much to learn yet. But the fun is in the trying. My goal with the set up on this blue bird was to attempt to catch her in flight just as she entered or exited the nesting box.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    What a beautiful bird. We dont have those.

I like the catch on the first one. Thats great.

Thanks for sharing

3. WOW, beautiful shots Dave!! The second shot is my fav!! :D :D :D :D

4. I think that anytime you catch a small bird in flight it is a great shot, even when it is going away. This is something that I have never done so you are one up on me.

5. Thanks, Gale, Bryan, and Gordon. I had ISO cranked up to 640 to allow fast shutter speed, and camera set to shutter priority. They seem to lack in color, contrast tho. i am really frustated that I am unable to use raw format. I have got to find a solution to that issue.

6. another image

This is the view I had most of the time while waiting for the attempted flight shot. these little jokers are quick? After a short while I felt that I was disturbing her ability to set her eggs so I left her alone.
    [​IMG]

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Dave,

These are both good shots. Why can't you use RAW??

Frank

8. crashed my computer trying to downlad capture 4.o and up to 4.2.1. since the recovery i no longer can even access raw in cs with my d2h. I am hoping to buy a copy of capture 4.2.1 on disc but they are not available. so i wait. any suggestions?

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  10. Ho ! I like the first one. An amazing capture in flight - quite an unusual sight.

11. Thank you, Christian, appreciate that.

12. Frank,
    I saw reference to that in another thread, and I suspect that may be why it is not available right now as a downlad or purchase. I will email todd and harris about it and check the thread you linked. Thanks