Blue Heron.

Not the best image, but nonetheless I wanted to share this majestic creature and my story with all of you.
I have heard by many pro photographers that if you aren't 100% happy with an image, do not share it and simply delete it. I realize the reason for this statement, but sometimes it's okay to ignore it.

I was kayaking on Camp Pendleton Marine Base near the marina when I 'shot' this beautiful creature. I was near the shore, and above me was this huge Blue Heron, anticipating his landing place. He circled for several minutes and curiously decided to land almost next to where I was paddling. He seemed as curious about me as I was of him. As I edged closer he remained still and seemed very relaxed with my presence. Sort of a 'mutual admiration' or quid pro quo encounter.
nikon blue heron-001.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Real Name
Dan
Not the best image, but nonetheless I wanted to share this majestic creature and my story with all of you.
I have heard by many pro photographers that if you aren't 100% happy with an image, do not share it and simply delete it. I realize the reason for this statement, but sometimes it's okay to ignore it...
Maybe pro advice for other pros trying to build/protect a reputation. Not sure it applies to the average person. Based on what you've posted thus far it seems like you enjoy being out in nature and photography is along for the ride. Which is how I got into photography. I still enjoy the outings as much/more than the photography aspect of it. I enjoy processing images because it allows me to re-live those outings. I share photos as a way of sharing experiences with both kindred spirits and with people who don't have the same opportunities. And to hear how others view things so I can "improve" my skills(i.e. make them more enjoyable/meaningful to others)

My suggestion is read less professional opinions and shoot/share more amateur photos.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom