Blue Jay with D2X, 300mm VR & TC17E II

This combo works very well - bright viewfinder image, sharp as a tack even with 1.7x, and excellent color with the D2X. Here's a Blue Jay (since Greg brought up the subject :wink:) from a couple of days ago:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Comments and critique welcom.

I agree Joe, this is a very nice combo (even though I only have the H and the non VR 300....;-)). I usually use the 1.7 for my 'long' shots, and the 300 w/o any TC, or with the 1.4 for flight shots.

Nice pic.

Frank

no shadows

overcast or slight overcast is nice on this. Softens it a bit but no distracting shadows. good shot.

I really like seeing others work especially of same or similar subjects even though it can be a bit humbling in this group. Unfortunately no one in my family has the right side of the brain in gear so have to go with Luck. Seeing others work really help here guys (and gals).

Whatever happened to the "critique" thread or subject tag?

Re: no shadows

Greg Giesing said:
I really like seeing others work especially of same or similar subjects even though it can be a bit humbling in this group.
Greg,

I fully agree. The shots that are posted and the comments that follow are usually instructive. Seeing your Blue Jay shot prompted me to post this one.

Joe

Gorgeous!! My level of envy for those with a D2X continues to turn me darker shades of green. :D:D

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom