Blue Ridge Mountains

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by dmwphoto, Jun 7, 2005.

1. I found these in the Blue Ridge mountains of Virginia over Saturday evening and Sunday morning.
    old railroad bed
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    hidden water falls
    [​IMG]
    and a view with the foggy valley as a backdrop after a storm
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for looking.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    What a beautiful view.

Been many years since I have see that.

Thanks for sharing.

Beautiful country Dave.

3. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Someday...

I hope to see the eastern U.S. I've been north and south in the west but never east. This one is my favorite, although I like them all very much.

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Ah, so beautiful....Might just be a reason for me to go visit my aunt in Smithfield, VA afterall.... :) My oldest son (almost 3 years old) saw these shots and really loved the first two. Can't say I blame him. They are wonderful.

5. Good idea, but Smithfield is a long way from the Blue Ridge!

6. Very relaxing shots Dave. Super composition and lighting.
    Pete

7. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    You are making me home sick. :)

8. Thank everyone for the comments. If any of you come to virginia, let me know and I will make time to shoot with you.
    Gale, nice new avatar!
    Terri, I agree with your choice, my favorite of the group as well.

9. Dave:

Just beautiful. What more can be said.

Gil

10. Dave, i really like your second picture, the track in front of you seem to tilt toward the left, so are the trees, each time i look at the picture i tilt my head like if i was riding in a kind of vehicule over the track.

11. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Dave , What a coincidence, I took a ride up to skyline drive SAturday afternoon myself. I dont guess I passed you.

I got on at 64 ,& rode down to 814 and over to Crabtree falls Rd, but didnt make it to crabtree falls itself,was getting too late and im finding out a 1gig card doesnt last anytime in a d2x. Got a 2gig on order.

12. Gil,
    Thanks I did not look at that that way but I see it now. It kind of irked me that it was slightly canted.
    Giles,
    Thank you, I appreciate your kind remarks.
    Biggstr,
    We probably did pass, I was on the crabtree rd also. Hell, a 4GB card doesnt last long in a d2x! I used one and part of another in approx 6 or 7 hrs of total shooting. I think that landscapes with this much detail take a lot out of them. We need to do that ride together next time.

13. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Hey Dave , Theres a civil war reenactment this weekend in Lexington,Va. , as well as a polo match in Charles city.

Tough decision, but decided on the civil war renactment,will have the family in tow though (makes photographing alittle tough).