Blue Sky Eagles

Discussion in 'Birds' started by jfenton, Dec 27, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Well....the winter eagles are coming back along the Merrimack finally and thanks to a large peregrine that was in a bad mood, this beauty flew fairly close by against a beautiful late afternoon cloudless blue sky....they aren't perfect, but they aren't bad for my first eagle shots of the winter :)

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

2. Georgous Jim. Number 4 is my fave.

Cheers

Tim

3. Hmmm lets see what is wrong with this post........not perfect, well pretty darn close, fantastic shots Jim

4. Jim these are real beauties. The blue sky sure helps also. I have been trying to get some good images but still have a ways to go. You have done a great job in keeping the detail in the whites and the body as well. Do you shoot compressed raw or uncompressed? I have been told that shooting uncompressed will help hold the highlights.

5. Great shots Jim, all are fantastic.
    Pete

6. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Compressed RAW? Are You Kidding?

Hi James...

Never, ever...and specifically for situations such as these. Try coming close to holding the heads in a compressed RAW shot.

I intentionally overexposed these by a half a stop so as not to induce much noise in the darker body regions...I then recovered the highlights in NC.

Works PISSA!

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    These are not perfect at all, nosiree. Much less than perfect, in fact way less than perfect.

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Best in-flight Eagle shots I've seen yet Jim. Simply awesome. :smile:

8. Your #1 eagle shot is fantastic. The intensity in the eye of that bird is something to behold. Love the color saturation on that shot. Rest are excellent as well.

9. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Maybe I'm just getting to dammed picky

My wife keeps telling me that I need to be less critical and enjoy....

Then I'd have to stop eating Xanax though????????????????????????????

10. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Great shots Jim. I'd take those anyday.

11. Wow, I don't know how they could be any better!!!
    maybe, if you had a predawn morning sky ;)

12. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Hi Ann

I got a lot of grief on "the other forum" about that sky color because people didn't believe that it was real.

I guess they don't get up early enough :)

13. I think they are all just jealous!! You should be quite proud of those shots!!!!
    I loved them!

14. Gol darn it. I thought we had most of the eagles here on the west coast. I want that one back. While you are at it, you can send us your blue sky...

15. bfjr

bfjr Guest

These have now pushed me over the edge !!
    My hands are trembling and I'm sweating in 58 degree wheather!!

Best darn Eagle flight shot I've seen to date, well till your next post :biggrin:

16. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Holy poop! Terrific shots, I'm very impressed..

17. very impressive series Jim. sorta like you say "PISSA"

18. Nice series of shots, can you bring them down here with you so we can get that close...:smile: :wink:

19. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Harris

From what I've seen, you FLA folks can typically get closer than we northern folks can to your wildlife....you just need to be persistent and stick your butt in the optimal spot to intercept them :)

20. Jim, I'm waiting with bated breath for your perfect shots as these "not bad" shots are just awesome!!!!