1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Blue Suede Cruise (approx 1MB of images)

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by PhilY, May 5, 2007.

1. Well, hey -- it was held in the birthplace of Elvis. What else you gonna call it. :biggrin:

A few snapshots from this afternoon -- nothing special on the photography, just some great old cars.

78277670.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

78277672.jpg

78277673.jpg

78277674.jpg

78277675.jpg

78277676.jpg

78277677.jpg

78277679.jpg

78277680.jpg

78277671.jpg

That's about 1 meg in images so I better stop. Those old '60s and '70s muscle cars brought back a lot of memories.

Phil

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent sots
    Great color and sharp

What lens did you shoot with for these

3. Thanks, Gale. These were all shot with the D200 and my workhorse lens, the 17-55DX. The whole car shots were at F8, the engine shot and one other at F4, and the balance at F5.6 at various focal lengths -- mostly on the wide end. Most are straight from the cam with resize only, no USM, except for the engine shot. It has USM of 250, .3, 4. Thanks for asking.

Phil

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thanks Very nice:>)))
    LL strikes again...hahahahaha

5. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

6. I checked your gallery and we do have several shots that are very similar. You have some nice work there.

All the classics have a few distinctive features instantly recognizable. Gotta get in there and grab 'em, huh. :cool: 

78304650.jpg

78304651.jpg

78304652.jpg

Phil

7. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

I agree Phil, there is something about classic cars. I love the detail and the iconic stylings. You can show a piece of a 57 Bel Air, and people will know what it is...

I actually meant to link you here. these are better, IMO.

8. Yep -- those ARE nice. Other than I was shooting under a glaring sun, I have several in my private collection from yesterday that could be seamlessly placed in your gallery. Many of the shots in that gallery fit my eye perfectly. Well done!

Phil

9. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

The images from the second link were on an overcast day just after the rain. Mmmm, raindrops on freshly waxed paint....lovely!

10. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Nice shots, Phil. I went to the boat races at Pickwick and missed the Blue Suede Cruise. Looks like there were a alot of nice cars there.

11. I thought you might be there so had an eye out for you. This was my first to attend so was a little surprised at both the quantity and quality of cars on display. Impressive.

Phil

12. Excellent set. I'll take the 56 Chevy.

Louie

13. Thanks, Louie. That is one super nice '56, huh! Check out the engine in that bad boy.

78337760.jpg

Phil

14. Some serious wheels - wonderfully shot!

15. Thanks, Frits. There was literally *millions* of dollars invested in the cars at that show -- serious wheels, indeed. I had a fun time shooting them.

Phil

16. Hi Phil..
    That is one nice Chevy, but isn't it a 55? And is that correct on the valve cover, 572 cu in..?? That is a big block. Used to have a 502 and that hauled a$$, but 572 cu ins...WOW...

17. Yeah, that ain't yer daddy's 283, 2-barrel for sure! They call it a "crate engine".

http://www.highperformanceparts.net/572.htm

The '55 is similar to the '56 but the one in those pics is a '56 -- a VERY nice one, at that.

Here is a '55 for reference.

78471650.jpg

Phil

18. Nice pics! That orange Chevy is NUTS!!!

19. Ooohhh! I love the classics! We used to have a 56 chevy! It was a beauty until a stupid woman ran into the back of it and totalled it! :mad:  That was the day I was going home with my dad and my 5th b-day present - my 1rst German Shepard puppy!

Gorgeous photos of gorgeous cars, BTW!

20. Very nice series. Thanks for sharing

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.