BlueJay at 6400 ISO

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Bohdan, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Ok...here goes. Nikon D850 with the 300 pf and 1.7 TC ( typically I prefer the 1.4) at 6400 iso
    Resized for web...no other post processing. Not sure what is acceptable noise for you..but for me it's ok..
    BlueJay%206400iso-X3.

and with a bit of noise reduction:
    DSC_0276-X3.

2. They look good Bob

3. photogramps

photogramps

May 6, 2012
    uk
    Roger
    Looking good though a tad under-exposed on my screen :)

4. Yup a tad under, but noise looks ok to me. Now all I need is a blue jay, a 300+1.7, and a D850, and to get up off the couch :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Looks well done to me Bob, as mentioned maybe a tad under exposed. Thanks for sharing these. Look forward to seeing more the new camera.

6. It doesn't look too noisy for me.

7. Well, they are certainly acceptable but not the creamy background I have come to expect at lower ISO.

8. Bob - I think that the noise looks fine considering that you are shooting at 46 mp and an ISO of 6400. Once you edit the image for brightness and clarity/contrast, the background noise starts to show up but you can easily edit the noise out in Lightroom or Photoshop. All-in-all, an impressive performance. Equally impressive is getting two nice shots of a Blue Jay which, at least in my limited experience, are very skittish birds.

9. Thanks everyone for piping in...Good to hear about the noise that in post can be dealt with easily enough with a good noise reduction program. Wanted to post these as SOC as possible other than resizing.I'm comfortable at shooting at this iso. And yes I have to not lean towards the dark side exposure so much..

10. Reggie

Reggie

Dec 10, 2005
    Parrish, FL
    They look great to me...

11. Thanks Reggie for your feedback