BMX - maybe my favourite shot

I shot this a while back , but kept it just in case it would get published ( which it did , sorta ). It's one of the first times I use 2 flashes ( at least at night ), oh how I long for Pocket Wizards :biggrin:

Anyway Thomas wanted to nail that rail for a long time now and he actually did it perfect first try. Props to him. And I'm glad I didn't mess up the photo, I wouldn't have wanted to ask him to do it a second timer just because I goofed up :actions1:

I'm glad I can finally start putting the D2H to good use :

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hey...

I was doing that trick yesterday and nobody photographed ME!!!
Just kidding.
That IS really cool. I dig the kind of "back alley" lighting. It adds to the effect.
Thanks for posting.

Great shot. I really like the positioning of the flashes, nice effect how the shadow of the rail paints the steps.

I am still shooting snowboarding, summer is just around the corner and I can't wait.

I've looked at this photo several times. I really didn't know how to comment. It's so different. Very well done, technically, of course.
I like it..a photo that makes me look at it again..and again, is a good photo.
I like the play of light and shadows on the steps. Really brings out the detail in the concrete..and in a way adds tension. (what if he slips..?)
I really like it.

I've looked at this photo several times. I really didn't know how to comment. It's so different. Very well done, technically, of course.
I agree, I have also looked at this photo several times.

Simply put, this is a great photo.

Perfect! Love the lighting. Where were the lights placed?
Thanks a lot Anthony . One was to the left ( a big Mamiya strobe ) and my SB-600 on the side of the camera with the SC-27 cord.

I was doing that trick yesterday and nobody photographed ME!!!
Just kidding.
That IS really cool. I dig the kind of "back alley" lighting. It adds to the effect.
Thanks for posting.
Thanks Pat. I too like that gritty look to it, though I can't say that I did plan that one purpose :biggrin:

Cool shot...maybe shoot again, but get in a bit tighter? Just a thought.
Thanks Frank. Hum , maybe I could crop a bit of the sky out ...

Nice shot, Julien.
Thanks Justin :wink:

Great shot. I really like the positioning of the flashes, nice effect how the shadow of the rail paints the steps.

I am still shooting snowboarding, summer is just around the corner and I can't wait.
Thanks Kirby. Wow still shooting snowboard ? It's been summer in Paris for 2/3 weeks now : bright and sunny and 20-25°C :cool:

I like the play of light and shadows on the steps. Really brings out the detail in the concrete..and in a way adds tension. (what if he slips..?)
I really like it.
Thank you very much Jeff ! I'm glad it pleases people who aren't into BMX in the first place.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom