BMX - maybe my favourite shot

I shot this a while back , but kept it just in case it would get published ( which it did , sorta ). It's one of the first times I use 2 flashes ( at least at night ), oh how I long for Pocket Wizards :biggrin:

Anyway Thomas wanted to nail that rail for a long time now and he actually did it perfect first try. Props to him. And I'm glad I didn't mess up the photo, I wouldn't have wanted to ask him to do it a second timer just because I goofed up :actions1:

I'm glad I can finally start putting the D2H to good use :

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hey...

I was doing that trick yesterday and nobody photographed ME!!!
Just kidding.
That IS really cool. I dig the kind of "back alley" lighting. It adds to the effect.
Thanks for posting.

Great shot. I really like the positioning of the flashes, nice effect how the shadow of the rail paints the steps.

I am still shooting snowboarding, summer is just around the corner and I can't wait.

I've looked at this photo several times. I really didn't know how to comment. It's so different. Very well done, technically, of course.
I like it..a photo that makes me look at it again..and again, is a good photo.
I like the play of light and shadows on the steps. Really brings out the detail in the concrete..and in a way adds tension. (what if he slips..?)
I really like it.

I've looked at this photo several times. I really didn't know how to comment. It's so different. Very well done, technically, of course.
I agree, I have also looked at this photo several times.

Simply put, this is a great photo.

Perfect! Love the lighting. Where were the lights placed?
Thanks a lot Anthony . One was to the left ( a big Mamiya strobe ) and my SB-600 on the side of the camera with the SC-27 cord.

I was doing that trick yesterday and nobody photographed ME!!!
Just kidding.
That IS really cool. I dig the kind of "back alley" lighting. It adds to the effect.
Thanks for posting.
Thanks Pat. I too like that gritty look to it, though I can't say that I did plan that one purpose :biggrin:

Cool shot...maybe shoot again, but get in a bit tighter? Just a thought.
Thanks Frank. Hum , maybe I could crop a bit of the sky out ...

Nice shot, Julien.
Thanks Justin :wink:

Great shot. I really like the positioning of the flashes, nice effect how the shadow of the rail paints the steps.

I am still shooting snowboarding, summer is just around the corner and I can't wait.
Thanks Kirby. Wow still shooting snowboard ? It's been summer in Paris for 2/3 weeks now : bright and sunny and 20-25°C :cool:

I like the play of light and shadows on the steps. Really brings out the detail in the concrete..and in a way adds tension. (what if he slips..?)
I really like it.
Thank you very much Jeff ! I'm glad it pleases people who aren't into BMX in the first place.

Top Bottom