Boars Head 3 Event Record (watersking)

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by rbsmith, Jul 25, 2007.

1. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    I photographed a Waterski Tournament this weekend. I ran into a fellow Nikon shooter named Rick. Who is now known as Photographix on the Cafe. We had a great time shooting.

I have been involved in 3 event watersking for a long time. But have been away from it for a few years. It was nice to see some of my old friends again. I took a ton of shot and would love to show most of them. But I won't do that.

Here are some shots from the slalom event.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

2. joepilot

joepilot

Mar 21, 2007
    Richmond Va.
    Nice shooting Rex , just wish I could pull through the slalom again even at 28mph (too old, tooo fat)

3. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Thanks, Joe. Its a lot harder than it looks. My boys surpassed me when they were 12 and 9. So I decided to stick with driving and coaching.

4. photographix

photographix Guest

man! :Shocked:good shoot'n Rex. nice angles to! post some of the other shots if you get the chance. i'd like to see how bad i mised them ha ha....rick

5. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Thanks Rick. Out of better than a 1000 shots, even I can have a few turn out sharp.

6. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Good Job on those Rex .
    How do you go about shooting something like that , Are you in a boat ,on a platform ,or on shore?

7. Nice I really liek the 2nd shot

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Nicely done Rex, my favorite is the 5th one, but all are sweet. Very nice water!

9. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Nice shots, Rex!

The expressions on their faces and the muscles in their arms show just how much some of them are exerting them selves... I miss the good 'ol days!

10. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    These were shot from shore. This lake was built specifically for competitive sking ( I designed it). Everything takes place close to shore.

Thanks Mike. I like the image of the jump behind the wall of water.

Thanks Frank. Maybe one of these days I can get as good with my Watersking and wakeboarding shots as you are at baseball.

Thanks Joe. What do you mean good old days. Your not that old.:biggrin: