Boats in Balmain

Here are some pictures I took on the weekend in the harbour near Balmain, a suburb in Sydney's Inner West.

I have a question, do you think that maybe the focus motor in my D5100 may be a bit off? Or is it just the inferior kit 17-55mm lens.

When I shot these it was in the evening, so the ISO was set at 800.

Although they are pretty typical, boat in the water photos. I like the creation of space around the old, textured boats.

I would appreciate C&C as always.

Regards,
Sven.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 1204138

Last edited by a moderator:
The second image looks OK but the first image say's, "This image or video is currently
unavailable"...?

The D5100 and D3000 do not have internal focus motors... :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the comments, It means a lot to get some perspective on my photographs from people much better at photography than I am.

It might not be too obvious on the above photographs, but I realised why the quality and sharpness is off on the originals when I'm zoomed right in. When I shot these, I had left the camera set on jpeg, medium quality; as I had been set up to shoot a time lapse the previous week. I had simply forgot to change my settings, oops.

Thanks for the comments,
Sven.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom