Bobolinks In Breeding Colors

More and more of these (my favorite bird) are migrating through and although they are spooky, I managed a few decent long distance shots last evening...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

All nice shots...So sharp...but that first one has to be my favorite! Very interesting colors...how do their colors look when they aren't breeding?

Thanks Harry....

Each of the birds I shot were marked a little different. Some of them are so mottled at the moment that they look like they've got mold growing all over the darker portions of them.

Hi Jim,
I always feel like I'm there with your birds and animals. You do wonderful work,

Thanks for these birds,

Gaye

Sandi

Hi Sandi...

It's interesting that you noted this about their feet because to be honest...I just noticed it when I was posting these.

Gaye

Thanks for the nice comments. I guess they come out nice cause I love seeing them out in their natural environment away from people and I shoot them exactly as I see them :)

awesome, especially the second one. These guys are really hard to shoot, they pop in and out of the tall grass...I love them too...!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom