Bob's Grandaughter's, (Sarah), Wedding Day.

Discussion in 'People' started by Bob the Spiderman, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Well, if Harry S can post people them so can I. Last July my Daughter in Law asked if I would take some informal pictures of her daughter's wedding as a backup to the professional. Damn good job I did, as the professional turned out to be a complete waste of space and he had to refund 3/4's of his fee.
    I took 180 pictures in a 'reportage style' and eventually produced a superb album for them. Camera D70 + lens 18-70mm.

[​IMG]

My other grandaughter Nicky, Sarah's sister, who acted as a bridesmaid and who I caught in the rain that dominated the day.

[​IMG]

Nicky's husband and young son.

[​IMG]

My very beautiful, at least to me, granddaughter. She takes after me for her good looks----NOT!!

[​IMG]

My son, David, and Nicky who has just wet herself!!

Thanks to Janet Zinn for her help.

Best wishes Bob F.

2. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    backup

always good to have a backup on such an important and hopefully one time occasion. personnally I prefer more candid shots along with the "obligatory poses".

Good job. I'm sure they are very, very greatful.

3. Hey Bob, well done. It's always nice to be appreciated and I'm sure your album was great.

4. :lol: :lol:

Today during shopping I had a look at the show case of a local photog (mostly wedding pics). If this photog (I know her well-BTW) would deliver something like that for me she would have to suffer from a string of insults from my side - completely blown whites, white shiny patches in the faces, generally over-exposed, horrible colors. I really admire the courage to display such poor pics in the shop window.

I like your pics, Bob, looks like typical British weather to me. And this little boy is too cute.

Well, Bob, how will you get yourself out of this :wink: ? Best would be to post a portrait of yourself so we may compare and judge :) :)

As one of the other posters said - candids (especially those not always showing the favourable side of the involved) are a welcome addition to any wedding series. At least at my own wedding 1 1/2 years ago I appreciated this kind of pics very much. I lent my D1X to my brother in law and although he never had used such a big beast before he did a respectable job. There was no professional at my wedding.

Cheers

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Re: backup

I agree. Patrick and I had a wonderful photographer for our wedding. But some of my favorite shots were some my brother took w/his little digital camera. He seemed to capture feelings rather than just the "obligatory poses" (however lovely they might have been.

I'm sure the bride will treasure the shots you took. Best wishes to the happy couple!

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Bob,

You will never cease to impress with the breadth of your skills as a photog. These are really good, and so different from your other posts here.

Good job my friend!!

Frank

7. Bob, very nicely done. Images to last a lifetime and then some!! Good going!!! :) :) :) :) :)

8. Thank you for your kind comments.

Frank:-Something about 'Jack of all trades, Master of none springs to mind.' A bit like knowledge of natural history subjects.

Best wishes. Bob F.