Bodie Boiler, Efke 25

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by stealthman_1, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Lynn inspired me to post an Efke 25 120 shot. Love the tonality of this film and it is very, very clean. No dust removal on this shot and only a few spots. It does curl a bit though.

2770217934_5db7419ea8_o.jpg

I've shot this boiler many times, I love the way the light shines through the tubes and the sharp lines of the rivets.

2. Tim,

Looking a 6x6 negative of Efke 25 must be unbelievable. The detail that I am resolving in 35mm is mind-bending!

I have only shot 5 rolls of Efke 25, but I find it much more like shooting positive film, it is not as forgiving of bad exposure and really takes over-exposure unkindly. But when exposed properly, it has a wide latitude and great tonal range, not too mention sharpness that will rip apart lenses and scanners.

3. Connahhh

Connahhh

Oct 27, 2007
    NH
    My new favorite fine grain film is Pan F 50. So contrasty with so much tonal range. I love it. But 25 speed would be awesome, the slower the better. Ever pull it to 12? 6? THAT would be fun. :smile:

4. Not sure what Tim's experience has been, but Efke 25 and 50 do not like overexposure of any kind, even pulling. These are older style emulsions, so overexposure gives you larger, clumpier grain. But I must say that both of these emulsion push well to 1 stop and give great shadow detail.