1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Boeing B17 Liberty Belle photo opportunity

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Tom Larsen, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Tom Larsen

Tom Larsen

Jan 18, 2008
    Denmark
    The B17 Liberty Belle is touring, and rides and picture taking opportunities are available. I posted a link to the schedule (and some photos from last summer's appearance in our area) in the "Place to Shoot / Special Sessions" thread.

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?p=2009758#post2009758

I will go Sunday morning and hope the weather is better than last year. I will update this thread with new pictures Sunday or Monday. Feel free to add pictures in this thread if you have any.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Tom Larsen

Tom Larsen

Jan 18, 2008
    Denmark
    This morning I went to the Chesapeake Regional Airport with a friend to take pictures of Liberty Belle, as I had planned to do. We got there at 9:30 AM, and found that we could walk right up to the old bird, and there was a crowd of just three people. The weather was turning hazy and the sky was a bright whitish grey, not the clear blue we had hoped for, but it wouldn't start raining until I was back at work in the early afternoon. I came back with 200 pictures, and I am still editing them. In the end I suspect there will be about 30 I will keep. Here is a preview of.

[​IMG]

3. Very Nice ! Good to see old warbirds..

4. Liberty Belle

That is a wonderful image...especially after having seen the movie. I had no idea that aircraft was still around. Have you any idea where I may get a schedule so I may see it. What an honor that'd be. Many thanks...

The Long Ranger

5. Tom Larsen

Tom Larsen

Jan 18, 2008
    Denmark
    Bill,

I found out, when I talked to some of the folks that came out to see the B17, that there was a permanent exhibit of old war planes at the Military Aviation Museum in Virginia Beach. I have started a separate thread for the pictures from there.

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=183653

Before I posted here I had made a post in "Place to Shoot" with pictures form last year and a link to the Liberty Foundation. It is here:

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=181941

There will be more photos to look at shortly.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  6. ****, a different one (actually a B-17, B-24 & B-25) will be in PA (Pittsburgh, Altoona, & Lancaster) later this month, go here for the complete schedule.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.