1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Boeing Skyfox

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by 560XLS, Aug 7, 2009.

1. 560XLS

560XLS

Mar 9, 2009
    Southern NH
    I was up in Medford, Oregon a couple of weeks ago and saw this, it's a Boeing Skyfox. Back in the 80's Boeing was going to update the old Lockheed T-33 into a Skyfox and sell them as trainers. They couldn't find enough buyers so the program was scrapped. This is the only one ever built.

3759830746_4dac71b53f_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3759830808_5b39d2acaa_b.jpg

3759830700_f6fcd43c83_b.jpg

3759034013_083ae05d98_b.jpg

2. andyman_1970

andyman_1970

Apr 2, 2008
    Arkansas
    Interesting find for sure. I've not said this about many (if any airplanes) but that is one ugly airplane.......

3. Ugly it is. Nice shots.

4. Muonic

Muonic

Jun 14, 2006
    Nice catch. Looks like it's missing something important, though. :biggrin:

5. AllThumz

AllThumz

Feb 24, 2009
    Albany, Oregon
    I was just thinking the same thing, although I'm sure it's much lighter without it. :smile:

Regards,
    John

6. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    Ugly old bird. Have they finished constructing the new terminal building in Medford, or is it still under construction?

7. 560XLS

560XLS

Mar 9, 2009
    Southern NH
    I couldn't agree more. How about those reverse winglets?

Thanks Alex

Thanks David, maybe they were planning a glider version too.:biggrin:

Probably sold them just to get a couple back out of the project.

I have no idea, we were over at Million Air on the GA side. Nice airport though.

8. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    Yea, I could see where you were in the first photo, but it would have been hard to miss the construction. I usually go to Jet Center. Just a short walk to the restaurant in the terminal, that closed before the reconstruction of the terminal. Major project. Was supposed to take a couple of years to complete. The airport at Medford is a nice airport. Used to be a regular $100 burger run for us.

9. Great stuff - Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.