Boeing Skyfox

I was up in Medford, Oregon a couple of weeks ago and saw this, it's a Boeing Skyfox. Back in the 80's Boeing was going to update the old Lockheed T-33 into a Skyfox and sell them as trainers. They couldn't find enough buyers so the program was scrapped. This is the only one ever built.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Interesting find for sure. I've not said this about many (if any airplanes) but that is one ugly airplane.......

Nice catch. Looks like it's missing something important, though. :biggrin:

Ugly old bird. Have they finished constructing the new terminal building in Medford, or is it still under construction?

Interesting find for sure. I've not said this about many (if any airplanes) but that is one ugly airplane.......
I couldn't agree more. How about those reverse winglets?

Ugly it is. Nice shots.
Thanks Alex

Nice catch. Looks like it's missing something important, though. :biggrin:
Thanks David, maybe they were planning a glider version too.:biggrin:

I was just thinking the same thing, although I'm sure it's much lighter without it. :smile:

Regards,
John
Probably sold them just to get a couple back out of the project.

Ugly old bird. Have they finished constructing the new terminal building in Medford, or is it still under construction?
I have no idea, we were over at Million Air on the GA side. Nice airport though.

I have no idea, we were over at Million Air on the GA side. Nice airport though.
Yea, I could see where you were in the first photo, but it would have been hard to miss the construction. I usually go to Jet Center. Just a short walk to the restaurant in the terminal, that closed before the reconstruction of the terminal. Major project. Was supposed to take a couple of years to complete. The airport at Medford is a nice airport. Used to be a regular $100 burger run for us.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom