Bologna gets UNESCO Heritage

NCV

Real Name
Nigel
Sorry If I have been very absent for a while. Work has kept my head down as we try to get our economy restarted here in Italy. I have been working long hours, and seven day weeks as my small Engineering studio tries to keep all my clients happy. I have just had a few breaks to do some photography.

I did have an afternoon in Bologna on the back of a site visit. Just after I took this set UNESCO made Bologna's arcades a World Heritage site.

The Arcade that stretches up to San Luca is several kilometres long.

DSZ_8562 1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1 San Luca Bologna

DSZ_8587 1.jpg

2 San Luca

DSZ_8561.jpg

3. San Luca

DSC_0905_DxOsmall.jpg

4 Finally at the Sanctuary.

DSC_0868 1.jpg

5 Santo Stefano Bologna

DSC_0852 1.jpg

6 Santo Stefano

DSZ_8380 1.jpg

7 Santo Stefano

DSZ_8390 1.jpg

8 Santo Stefano

DSZ_8419 1.jpg

9 Basilica di San Domenico Bologna

DSZ_8440 1.jpg

10 Basilica di San Domenico

DSC_0874 1.jpg

11 Basilica di San Domenico

Excellent as usual, Nigel. I really enjoyed those.

I spent four summers in the 1980s as a visiting professor at the University of Bologna. I regret that I never visited San Luca, though my wife and children did.

My first summer there was lots of rain and I really enjoyed the fact that I could walk from my lodgings near the main part of the university to the Faculty of Engineering on the other side of town and need an umbrella only for crossing streets.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Such a delightful set of images!!!! VEY well done! Each one seemed a wee bit better than the last one, ending with a crescendo! The last image is stunnning!!!!!! Very well done! Were you able to use a tripod?

NCV

Real Name
Nigel
Such a delightful set of images!!!! VEY well done! Each one seemed a wee bit better than the last one, ending with a crescendo! The last image is stunnning!!!!!! Very well done! Were you able to use a tripod?

Thank you for the kind words.

No, these are all hand held as tripods are not allowed in the interiors and for San Luca the light was bright. I am finding that with good shot discipline the IBIS in the Z7 is very, very good. Some of these were shot with the manual 24 TS.

Excellent as usual, Nigel. I really enjoyed those.

I spent four summers in the 1980s as a visiting professor at the University of Bologna. I regret that I never visited San Luca, though my wife and children did.

My first summer there was lots of rain and I really enjoyed the fact that I could walk from my lodgings near the main part of the university to the Faculty of Engineering on the other side of town and need an umbrella only for crossing streets.
Thank you.

It is a stiff climb on a hot day to San Luca. I cheated and took the car.

Yes, the porticos are brilliant, also on hot summer days. Many of our Emilian towns have them, but none like Bologna.

Many of my Engineer friends studied Engineering at Bologna University. My wife did modern languages there.

NCV

Real Name
Nigel
Very nice!

I have an online friend in Bologna but I have never visited. I have it in my plans when I can get to Europe, as a stop on the Milan-Firenze leg.

If you have the opportunity it is a wonderful city to spend a couple of days.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Thank you for the kind words.

No, these are all hand held as tripods are not allowed in the interiors and for San Luca the light was bright. I am finding that with good shot discipline the IBIS in the Z7 is very, very good. Some of these were shot with the manual 24 TS.

Thank you.

It is a stiff climb on a hot day to San Luca. I cheated and took the car.

Yes, the porticos are brilliant, also on hot summer days. Many of our Emilian towns have them, but none like Bologna.

Many of my Engineer friends studied Engineering at Bologna University. My wife did modern languages there.
I remembered you saying that you almost always have to shoot without tripod. But your work is so excellent that it really is amazing what you accomplished hand held!

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom