Bolsa Lunch, Egret Sushi

Discussion in 'Birds' started by helmet155, Nov 15, 2005.

1. The marine layer was in pretty heavy so these shots are kinda dark, but the action is pretty good...

Let me know what you think...

The day cleared up later and I hit up SJWS, I will post up those after processing them...

-Brett

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. this fish is in some serious doo doo. great series Brett

3. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Brett - Great series, and IMO the first especially can stand alone with its classic side view. Wow, you picked some tough lighting for a white bird! I'm not great at PP, but maybe someone who reads this can comment. Could you have masked the bird in all the pix and darkened the clouds for contrast? I think that would make a big difference.

Gordon

4. I pretty much missed the 'RR' flip inbetween shutter actuations with my D70...now only if I had a D2Hs :D Alright enough justification!!

Thanks for the comments...Gordon you're right there could be more PP work done on these puppies but I'm just learning that part of it. This is really my first action sequence so I was pretty stoked on it...

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great shots.

Just leave them the way they are. thats what it was and they are good to me.

Tought conditions captured well

6. radz

radz

Nov 12, 2005
    NewDelhi,India
    Excellent action shots!!
    White Egret you captured with perfect exposure.
    Very well taken!

7. Well Well Brett,

Looks like you learned a lot from the three of us on Saturday afternoon.. :biggrin:

I see you are still shooting at 1600mm Must be a really great lens setup you got there.. :^) I guess you are trying to justify getting a D2hs now why not just go for the big boy and get a D2X. :^)

Serioulsy, these are pretty cool.. Looks like the Egret speared the fish.
    Looks like it could use a tad bit lightning in the shadows... Otherwise the whites are nice and the grey skies seemed to help..

How was SJWS? heard they are dredging the canal now?

8. Hanging out with great photogs always helps for sure!!

That 1600mm thing needs to be fixed, it's all screwy on the EXIF data...from what I can tell I need to use Nikon Transfer to have all the data transferred properly...I use my PDA to transfer the stuff so some errors there...

SJWS turned out to be great, got some shots I had really been hoping for the past few weeks - check out the other thread about the herons...I'm definitely going to go there more often, it's only about 10 minutes from work!!

9. Humm Will have to look at the other thread...

Are you free Saturday for some shooting?

10. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Good shots for you

Good eating for the Egret

What more can we ask !! :biggrin:

11. Great job, Brett! Good timing on these shots considering you don't have the "Machine Gun" available. I haven't even seen an egret get a fish like that. Only thing they do for me is stand there, frozen, staring.... :redface:

Ben, how about Eagle shots like Harry got yesterday! :wink: {Am I feeling somewhat bitter? :redface: }

12. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Outstanding series...talk about being in the right place and the right time looking in the right direction.